Internal Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC)
The institution established IQAC, with an aim to improve the overall performance of the Institution and to monitor the system and procedure of the academic activities. The cell channelizes the efforts of the institution towards academic excellence through team works and persistent efforts. In order to ensure quality, the institution has an appropriate evaluation system. The feedback mechanism, self- appraisal of faculty members and IQAC audit system enable the institution to monitor the performance of the faculty members, IQAC was introduced by the Institution for monitoring the system and procedure of academic activities. IQAC helps to coordinate all the departments under one body which controls and monitors the excellence in each activity. It also helps in documenting all activities and follows the hierarchical system right through the cell. Academic audits are conducted by internal auditors and the results are analyzed thoroughly by Internal Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC) to ensure that the stated objectives of the curriculum are achieved.
The primary aim of IQAC is
- To develop a system for conscious, consistent and catalytic action to improve the academic and administrative performance of the institution.
- To promote measures for institutional functioning towards quality enhancement through internalization of quality culture and institutionalization of best practices.
IQAC shall evolve mechanisms and procedures for
- Ensuring timely,efficient and progressive performance of academic,administrative and financial tasks.
- The relevance and quality of academic and research programmes.
- Equitable access to and affordability of academic programmes for various sections of society.
- Optimization and integration of modern methods of teaching and learning.
- The credibility of evaluation procedures.
- Ensuring the adequacy, maintenance and proper allocation of support structure and services.
- Sharing of research findings and networking with other institutions in India and abroad.
Some of the functions expected of the IQAC are
- Development and application of quality benchmarks/parameters for various academic and administrative activities of the institution.
- Facilitating the creation of a learner-centric environment conducive to quality education and faculty maturation to adopt the required knowledge and technology for participatory teaching and learning process.
- Arrangement for feedback response from students, parents and other stakeholders on quality-related institutional processes.
- Dissemination of information on various quality parameters of higher education.
- Organization of inter and intra institutional workshops, seminars on quality related themes and promotion of quality circles.
- Documentation of the various programmes/activities leading to quality improvement.
- Acting as a nodal agency of the Institution for coordinating quality-related activities, including adoption and dissemination of best practices.
- Development and maintenance of institutional database through MIS for the purpose of maintaining /enhancing the institutional quality.
- Development of Quality Culture in the institution.
- Preparation of the Annual Quality Assurance Report (AQAR) as per guidelines and parameters of NAAC, to be submitted to NAAC.
IQAC will facilitate / contribute
- Ensure heightened level of clarity and focus in institutional functioning towards quality enhancement.
- Ensure internalization of the quality culture.
- Ensure enhancement and coordination among various activities of the institution and institutionalize
all good practices.
- Provide a sound basis for decision-making to improve institutional functioning.
- Act as a dynamic system for quality changes in HEIs.
- Build an organised methodology of documentation and internal communication.
Dr.N.Mohan Das Gandhi
||Principal and Chairperson